Exciting news for the future of DIY Space for London! We now have £15,000.00 and rising in cleared donations, including our grant from Edge Fund, regular monthly donations from Friends of DSFL and other benefit initiatives. As such, our attention has now shifted from fundraising to space finding. We have seen some impressive properties, but none so far has been The One. So, we are continuing with our search and would like to appeal for your help. There are lots of ways to get involved with helping us to find a home for DSFL, and at the moment we’re very interested in knowing of any properties or spaces that might suit us. The brief is open in terms of location as we’re keen to know what is out there at this stage.
- Minimum approx. 90 sqm/950 sqft of internal space (ideally more)
- Level throughout / with a main space with level access
- Compliance with safety regulations with regard to fire safety or potential to bring up to regulation with minimal work
- Reasonable proximity to accessible public transport, with safe, secure and well lit routes to and from the premises
- Ability to permit change of use to a private members’ club
- A (relatively) non-residential location
- Accessible toilets or space to install them
- Rent c. £2500.00 PCM
If you happen to see or know of a property that you think might meet our specifications, please get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org even just with a link or some info about what you’ve seen, and we will make sure to check it out! Also, if you have any expertise with regard to commercial leasing and property in general please feel free to get in touch with any information you think might be useful.