We Really Need Your Help To Survive!
We are a totally independent volunteer-run community centre and gig venue run as a members’ club. We’ve been open at our home just off Old Kent Road, South London since September 2015, and during that time have hosted hundreds of bands, helped raise thousands for local and international causes, and provided a home for organising meetings, workshops, forums, screenings, festivals, fairs, swaps and much more. Even with the income from our bar, we still need to pull out all the stops to meet our costs that including bills currently run at £4,500-5000 a month.
Here are some of the things you can do to help the space continue to exist:
- Join the friends of DIY Space scheme and give £2 a month (or more)
- Renew your membership (or join for the first time 😉
- Make a one off donation
- Put on an event at the space
- Put on a fundraiser for the space
- Volunteer your time at an event (or in other ways!)
- Email us if you can contribute your experience of fundraising (particularly grant applications)
- Ask your mates in a big band to play a gig at the space
- hire the space in the daytime (the main room is suitable for music and theatre rehearsals)
- tell your facebook friends, twitter or instagram followers about the space
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other ideas, questions, etc.!