Our old coop, the cooperative legal structure that allows us to hold our lease that formed before we found a space, is going to be replaced by a new committee and we are looking for people interested in being on it. We need you to help get the word out and help us form the best committee we can to keep DSFL growing and meeting the needs of current and future members.
The committee will be appointed by the members in attendance at our Annual General Meeting, to be held at the space on Sunday 22nd May. Full details of the AGM to follow here and a Facebook event for your diaries here.
Here’s the details:
• This committee will be intentionally diverse, bringing different ideas, opinions and experience to the table to ensure that the direction of DIY Space For London remains in accordance with the spirit of its founding values.
• This group of twelve people making up the committee will help make sure DSFL’s longer term strategy and goals are upheld.
• We especially want to hear from people who are currently underrepresented within our existing collectives. This could include people who are local to the area, people of colour, people with disabilities, people who may experience other oppressions as a result of their gender, sexuality, cultural background or any other reason.
• Enthusiasm is more important than experience! If you have any interest in grassroots community building, you could give your opinion at committee meetings that will take place six times per year.
• Come to our drop in session to find out more: 1-3pm, 1st May at DSFL.
• Email expressions of interest and questions to email@example.com
Below is a flyer for you to share online or print out and put anywhere you think relevant!